External Wall Insulation
External Wall Insulation systems involve adhesively and mechanically fixing an insulating layer to the external fabric of an existing or new building. The system is finished with a mesh-reinforced render coat (most commonly silicone), brick slips or cladding.
- Provides efficient insulation for refurbishment & new build projects.
- Reduces interstitial condensation by creating 'warm wall' construction.
- Masonry, SFS & timber frame construction type options.
- Range of finishes offered include Silicone render & brickslips.
Fire Safety Retrofit
Following the Grenfell Tragedy, government guidelines have been changed to ensure safe systems are installed on to low, mid & high rise buildings. In most cases, the scope of works required involves the removal of combustible render/cladding systems with the need to reclad with suitable, safe and robust systems. Fire Safety Retrofit requires us to carry out the removal of all non-compliant materials and to install an approved A2 or A1 rated system. We make sure these systems are installed as per the manufacturers specification and in line with any survey reports ensuring full compliance.
- Cladding remediation; Removal of non-compliant/combustible existing systems.
- Installation of A2 & A1 rated systems.
- Low, mid & high-rise buildings.
- Working to requirements of EWS1 surveys.
Energy Efficiency Retrofit
Energy Efficiency Retrofit is a term used for the installation of energy saving measures to a range of residential and commercial properties. Our role in this is to provide a service to social housing providers, local authorities and Government framework schemes, to install solid wall insulation as part of these measures, meeting required U-values and current building regulations, helping the UK meet its 2050 net zero target. Guidelines set out by the government require installers of these measures to be PAS2030 approved, with a robust management system in place, working to PAS2030-35 standards.
- PAS 2030 approved installer.
- Housing groups, local authority & government framework schemes.
- Fully trained workforce holding the necessary qualifications in application & management.
- EWI installations strictly carried out in line with PAS 2030 standard.
Silicone render is generally termed a ‘thin coat render’ which is applied on top of a reinforced basecoat. Silicone fibres are added to the pre-mixed tubs giving an added level of waterproofing and preventing cracking, in turn providing durability and lasting finish.
- High performance decorative textured finish for application onto a prepared surface.
- Highly water repellent, providing optimum façade protection.
- Weather resistant & UV stable.
- Forms part of several approved render only/insulation systems.
Monocouche is a French word that means "mono-layer" or "one layer". This modern pre-coloured mineral render applied by trowel or spray-applied by machine. Once applied, the render is scraped and scratched producing a pitted yet clean and crisp finish.
- Through coloured, low maintenance, weather resistant, decorative finish.
- Suitable for rendering brickwork & blockwork.
- One coat system allows for fast application by machine or by hand.
- Weather resistant & low maintenance.
Hydraulic limes are used as an alternative to cement-based binders in the pre-coloured lime renders we offer. They are suitable for use in either new buildings within conservation areas or in the repair and maintenance of historic buildings which we have a wealth of experience in.
- Vapour permeable, through coloured, full lime systems for the application onto a number of substrates and associated lime base coats.
- Autogenous & flexible characteristics, lime products heal & get stronger over time.
- Ideal for use on building conservation projects.
- A wide range of colours is available.
Brick slips are increasingly installed as a quick and cost-effective means to clad a new building or refurbish an existing one. Coupled with External Wall Insulation brick slip systems can help achieve energy efficiency standards whilst maintaining a traditional face brick finish.
- Brickslips offer a fast fix, almost 3x faster compared to traditional methods.
- A cost-effective way of achieving a traditional brick effect.
- Lightweight systems for use on new build & refurbishment projects and as part of an EWI system.
- Suitable for a range of substrates including brick, blockwork, concrete, timber frame & steel frame construction.
Cladding is often used in addition to render producing interesting modern looking façades. EnviroRend install solid timber weatherboard as well as fibre cement boards such as Cedral and Hardieplank - the ideal low maintenance alternative.
- A range of cladding systems designed for use on new build, high rise, re-cladding & refurbishment projects.
- Variety and styles offer flexibility.
- Helps the structure resist weathering from wind & rain.
- Improves thermal value helping to meet environmental standards.